You’re ready to transform your career. You know there is a different way for you to show up in your career and leadership. And you know that it’s deeper than just reinventing your career.
With so many unknowns and external pressures, it’s easy to stay stuck, stressed, depressed and all the rest. It’s not where you want to be but you’ve grown accustomed to it.
Yet at a deep soul level you want to create a different legacy for yourself and your loved ones. You want to move your career forward and take it to the next level by owning your power, leveraging your strengths and working from your soul.
Here are 5 things you need to know.
1. Your strengths and what you do best. Are you able to transform innovative ideas into action? Maybe you’re the go-to new initiative and project launcher? Or are you the calm and steady problem solver in the midst of rapid change and high uncertainty? You need to know your “sweet spot” so that you make career decisions that highlight your strengths. Plus you’re boss will love the clarity and confidence you bring to the team.
2. The organizational culture you naturally thrive inversus the environment you’re barely surviving in or perhaps succeeding but under a lot of stress. Just as a child’s school environment influences their success, so does your work environment. You want to work in an environment where you naturally fit in and have the opportunity to utilize and develop your strengths. It’s more valuable to your long-term success and well-being than your role, title or even pay.
3. Who you work best with. Original thinkers? Highly creative entrepreneurs? Competitive hard drivers? Let’s face it working with people you like, can appreciate their unique quirks and are able learn and grow from is more fun.
4. What happens when you get stuck. Career setbacks, stuck points and disappointments will happen. Expect and plan for it. You need to know what helps you get unstuck and moving forward to new possibilities and perspectives of thinking, being and doing.
5. Your real purpose for working. Are you working just for a paycheck? Or is it deeper than that? Remember the flexibility, fulfillment, fun, connection and creativity you envisioned for your career? Reconnect to your purpose it’s your motivational pot of gold.